Mains Water Leak Detection
Mains water leak detection is a job for specialist leak detection experts.
There are symptoms of a Leak to look for and tests you can carry out before you need our expert mains water leak detection service.
- Signs and symptoms to look for inside and outside your home
- Simple DIY Leak Tests using your Stopcock and water main Valve to confirm a leak exists on your property.
- Our Techniques to locate leaks on water mains pipes.
- Water Supply Mains Leak Repair Service
What are the signs of a leaking water main?
Signs of a mains water leak can be present outside, inside your property or not visible at all.
A mains leak will cause a spike in your water consumption which will lead to a high water bill.
You can confirm you actually have a leak or leaks by carrying out some DIY leak tests.
DIY Water Mains Leak Tests
DIY mains water leak tests will reveal if a water supply pipe is leaking.
|Method & Whats Required
|Steps to take
Water Meter Leak Test
You will need access to the Internal Stopcock, Mains Water Meter and stop valve at the property.
You have a water leak if the second reading from the water meter is higher than the first reading.
Syphonic Cup Test
You will need two people, a pint-sized glass, and a water shut-off key (i.e. a toby key).
You have a water leak if the water level inside the glass falls. A leaking in the water main will syphon the water from the glass back into the supply pipe.
If these tests confirm you have a leak then it’s time to call the expert leak detectives. Our engineers locate water mains leaks using non-destructive methods.
How Does ADI Leak Detection Find Water Supply Leaks?
Our expert leak detection technicians use advanced non-destructive techniques to locate leaks on water main supply pipes.
- Thermal imaging cameras are used to identify areas of damp flooring.
- Acoustic ground microphones are used to listen for the sound of water escaping from pipes.
- Hydrogen / Nitrogen Tracer Gases are used to in conjunction with a gas sensor and acoustic listening devices to confirm the location of the leak.
- Ferret Leak Detectors and a Leak Correlation are available to aid the process of pinpointing a water supply pipe leak.
Can you repair water mains leaks?
Leak repairs by our qualified and experienced plumbers are covered by our workmanship guarantee.
ADI Leak Detection is accredited with The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering.
ADI Leak Detection is registered with The Water Industry Approved Plumbers’ Scheme.
ADI Leak Detection is a Watersafe Accredited contractor.
Contact ADI Leak Detection For Help With Water Mains Supply Leaks
ADI Leak Detection specialises in locating and repairing water leaks. Our underground water mains expertise set us apart from other leak detection companies.
We are proud to be the UK’s leader in non-invasive water leak detection services, with over 700 Trustpilot reviews!
If you suspect a water leak at your property, call the ADI team today. Our skilled team can carry out leak detection and often provide cost-effective repairs on the same day.