Trace and Access Leak Detection Specialists
Trace and access covers the cost of leak detection to find and get to the source of a water leak.
Trace and access insurance cover reimburses the costs of:
- Locating a leak using non-invasive technology to minimize property damage
- Accessing the precise location of the leak in the most cost effective manner.
Leak detection to find hidden water leaks underground, in concrete, under floorboards or inside a wall or cavity floor requires specialist equipment and techniques.
Our engineers are experts at Pin-pointing water leaks on central heating systems, water mains and plumbing systems using non destructive techniques. Each trace and access leak detection investigation we carry out is allocated for an entire working day, allowing the investigation to be focused and results oriented.
We provide comprehensive reports including photo and video evidence of the leak, the detection methods and accessing the leak. Our detailed reporting process helps to ensure a successful claim on your home insurance policy.
What does Trace and access cover?
Each leak is unique and every home insurer imposes different terms on their trace and access policies. Always check your insurance cover with your insurer before hiring a leak detection specialist.
Typically Trace and Cover section of your policy will cover up to £5000 in costs for:
- The process of searching for and finding the source of a leak within your home
- Gaining Access to area in question to enable the repair to be completed
- Any subsequent repairs needed to rectify the damage which was caused by the water leak detection techniques used to locate the leak in the first place.
Which costs are not covered by trace and access?
The Trace and Access part of your policy does not cover the actual repair of the leak, as this process is typically covered by your buildings insurance policy.
It also typically does not cover any water coming into your property from outside, with the exception of the escape of water from a burst pipe.
Which Leak Detection Methods Are Used In Trace And Access?
Water pipes leaks are covered under a trace and access policy. To detect water pipe leaks we use a range of specialist equipment including:
- Thermal imaging cameras locate areas of temperature difference in building materials indicating potential leak locations.
- Tracer gas is pressurised into pipes by our engineer. A tracer gas sensor wand is used to detect tracer gases escaping through concrete, wood or plasterboard.
- Acoustic listening equipment plays a crucial role in trace and access investigations by amplifying the faint sounds of water escaping from concealed pipes.
- Engineers use a Damp meter to identify areas of excessive moisture in walls or floors
- Borescope Cameras are used by the leak detection specialist to look for water leaks inside cavities, under showers, baths and inside walls or ceilings.
- Fluorescent Dye Tests are used to identify water escaping from toilets or pipes.
- Pressure testing pipework is used to confirm if a pipe has a leak.
Trace & Access Claims Reporting and Assistance
ADI Leak Detection has refined its reporting process over many years of assisting homeowners with insurance claims for trace and access
Our reporting process includes complete documentation of our leak investigation at your property supported by photographic and video evidence (where required).
Your engineer writes the comprehensive investigation report which they submit to our administration team along with supporting photos and videos.
Our experienced reporting team then assemble the detailed track and trace report in an insurance-approved format. The final report is emailed to you within 48 hours of your leak investigation.
Experienced Track & Trace Engineers
Our highly experienced leak detection engineers carry out trace and access surveys for homeowners across the UK. Our engineers all have many years experience detecting hidden water leaks.
Our water leak detection engineers locate and access the following types of hidden water leaks which are usually covered by a trace and access policy.
As a company we are CIPHE, WIAPS and Watersafe Accredited.
ADI Leak Detection is accredited with The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering.
ADI Leak Detection is registered with The Water Industry Approved Plumbers’ Scheme.
ADI Leak Detection is a Watersafe Accredited contractor.
Contact ADI Leak Detection For A Specialist Trace And Access Service
ADI Leak Detection has over 10 years experience finding hidden water leaks and assisting homeowners with the insurance claim process.
Call us today on 0800 731 3843 to discuss your leak and how we can help you.
Our nationwide network of leak detection engineers serve all of England, Scotland and Wales with trace and access services.