Trenchless Technology Ltd. Privacy Statement
Revised and Effective as of 25th May 2018
Personal Information we collect to provide our Services
Information about our services can be obtained anonymously. However, in order for us to provide an accurate quotation for a Leak Detection, we require our prospective customers to share certain personal data with us from the list below. In order to book a Leak Detection appointment we usually require our customers to share all of the following information with us from the list below.
- Customer’s name including title, first name and last name or company name
- Site address where the Leak Detection is due to take place
- Billing/postal address where payment details are registered for correspondence
- Contact telephone number (landline, office, mobile)
- Email address
- Name and telephone number of on-site contacts
- Credit/debit card number (long number on the front of the card)
- Credit/debit card expiry date
- Credit/debit card CVVC code
How do we obtain this Information?
In most cases, information is obtained directly from the customer, i.e. the individual or business paying for our services. We usually obtain all the information listed over the telephone, although names, telephone numbers and email addresses are sometimes provided via email. We also collect information when you fill out an enquiry form on one of our websites.
In some cases, our services are booked by an individual or a company on behalf of another individual or company, for example, an appointment booked by a Letting Agent on behalf of a Landlord. In these cases all information, except the payment details are usually obtained via the representative who makes the initial inquiry about our services and books the appointment. We prefer to obtain payment details directly from the individual/company making the payment. In cases where payment details are provided on behalf of the payee, we reserve the right to assume that the payee has given authorisation for payment details to be provided and for payment to be taken accordingly.
What do we use this information for?
We may use the data which we collect in some or all of the following ways:
- To provide our services
- To provide our customers with a report of the works and VAT invoice
- To communicate with our customers and other onsite, office based or remote contacts
- To improve customer service, respond to customer requests and support customer needs
- To identify sites where we have previously carried out work
- To identify existing customers
- To collect payment for our services
How do we store & protect this Information?
Information is accessible only through our company’s database, which is password protected and stored on our secure server. Personal data is never printed, except when we are asked to send reports and invoices to customers through the post.
For how long do we keep your information?
We only store your data for as long as necessary to perform our services. Due to the nature of the service we provide, if leak detection works have been carried out at a site previously we need to be able to cross reference works already carried out. Therefore customer names, addresses and their corresponding reports may be kept on file for a number of years unless requested to be deleted by a customer.
How do we share your information?
We do not sell/trade or otherwise transfer your information to any third parties.
At no point during or after the provision of our services do we contact you for marketing purposes.
We do not share your information with any third parties. Exceptions to this include:
- With your permission, we may share your information with other tradespeople who we feel will be able to help you resolve issues relating to your leak. For example, a company who can assist with remedial works.
- At the request of your insurance provider we may provide more detail about cost breakdown and/or details of works carried out on site for the policy holder.
- Card details are provided to our payment service provider in order for us to process payments.
- If we have reason to believe it is necessary to process or defend against a legal claim, to comply with the law, to enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- In the event that we need to report accidents or incidents on site or request emergency assistance.
Cookies (Web Browsing)
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enable the sites or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Calls to our offices through any numbers displayed on our websites recorded for quality and training purposes.
At any time, you may contact us and request a copy of the personal information which we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to amend the personal data which we hold on file for you. You also have the right to ask us to remove your personal data, except where the information is needed in order to process or defend against a legal claim. Removal of personal data may impede our ability to provide our services to you or force us to suspend our services to you altogether.
Unless we are informed by direct contact to our Head office via phone call, letter or email, we will assume that you consent to us retaining and continuing to use this data according to methods described in this document. If you require any further details in relation to GDPR, please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can assist you.
Correspondence address: 44 Wellesbourne Crescent, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP13 5HF
Telephone: 0800 731 3843 (Leak Detection) 0800 043 5585 (Swimming Pool Leak Detection)
* Trenchless Technology Ltd. trades as ADI Leak Detection, ADI Swimming Pool Leak Detection and Trenchless Mains Replacement.
ADI Leak Detection FAQ’s
Which water leaks can you find?
We specialise in locating water leaks under floors, on central heating systems, on water mains, hot and cold water feeds. The list is almost endless, but if you have a water leak in a property then we should be able to help you – Simply give us a call on 0800 731 3843 to find out.
Are you able to locate an external water leak?
We have a specialist crew who pinpoint the location of external water mains leaks every day. Using a complete range of specialist leak detection tools, equipment and expertise we are able to accurately locate water on long and short stretches of water mains.
Are you able to repair my leak once you have found it?
Our team are all highly experienced plumbing and heating engineers, many of whom have been tracing and repairing water leaks for many years.
We are on most occasions able to provide a repair service for your water leak once it has been located, this will however depend on the exact location of the leak along with several other factors
Do you have any testimonials for your leak detection service?
Yes, we have over 140 reviews on Which trusted traders with a glowing 4.6 star out of 5 rating!
I am a landlord and my property is elsewhere in the UK, are you able to help?
Sure, we serve the majority of the UK from our base in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire and via our network of engineers nationwide.
How can I enquire and have you come solve my problem?
Call one of our small & friendly team on 0800 731 3843 and they will be sure to listen to your problem and you will discover if we can help you.