To summarize the incredible facts and statistics about water from the info graphic above:
- There is a staggering 345,034km of water mains used by UK water boards to distribute the water to our taps.
- 3,170 million liters of water lost through leaks every single day in the UK.
- The average citizen uses 150 liters of water each day.
- Industry and Commercial usage is a staggering 1,300 million liters of water every day.
- The demand for water is growing steadily at 1% each year.
- The south east of England has less water per person than the deserts of Syria & Sudan!
- Water companies spend millions each year repairing and upgrading water mains networks across the country.
- You are responsible for the water main beyond the boundary of your property.
- The biggest cause of water leaks is deterioration with age, followed by damage from freezing weather conditions.
- Ground movement in building foundations also damages pipework causing leaks under the ground.
As a leading UK Water Leak Detection Company we are pleased to bring you a wide range of advice surrounding water leaks.