Water Damage Investigation
ADI are specialists in tracing the source of water damage. We have the experience to trace the source, no matter if the source is from a structural building leak or leaking pipework.
If your property is suffering from damp, mould or mildew then you could have a hidden water leak causing water damage to your property.
Our experts use many methods to locate the source of damp, including damp meters, tracer gases, leak tracing dyes, acosutic listing devices and many more!
How We Trace The Source Of Water Damage
As a specialist water leak detection company we are able to trace the source of a water leak if it is from leaking pipework or water ingress from a roof.
Our plumbing leak detection specialists find leaks on plumbing pipework of all types, while our roof team find roof leaks and roof water ingress. We do not test for rising damp and are not damp specialists.
Our expert team of leak detection specialists use the following if a leaking pipe is believed to be the source of the water damage.
1. Visual Inspection: The first step in tracing the source of water damage is a visual inspection. Specialists will look for signs of water damage, such as water stains, mold growth, and wet areas.
2. Moisture Detection: Moisture detection tools, such as infrared cameras and moisture meters, can help to identify the location of hidden moisture. These tools can detect moisture behind walls, under floors, and in other hard-to-reach areas.
4. Pressure Testing: Pressure testing involves pressurizing the plumbing system to identify leaks. This method is particularly useful for identifying leaks in pipes that are hidden behind walls or under floors.
5. Acoustic Leak Detectors: These tools are used to listen for the sound of leaks through surfaces and underground.
Overall, as a leak detection company we will use a combination of these methods & more to trace the source of water damage.
What are the possible causes of water damage?
1. Natural disasters such as floods and heavy rainfall.
2. Leaking or burst pipes and plumbing problems.
3. Malfunctioning appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, and water heaters.
4. Blocked gutters and downspouts
5. Roof leaks and cracks in the foundation.
6. Moisture buildup from high humidity levels causing condensation.
7. Sewage backups and septic system failure.
8. Human error such as leaving taps running and forgetting to turn them off.
9. Construction defects and improper installation of building materials.
What happens if water damage is ignored?
If water damage is ignored, it can lead to the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause respiratory problems and other health issues. It can also weaken the structure of the building and lead to rotting wood, rusted metal, and crumbling drywall. Over time, the damage can become severe and costly to repair, and it may even require the building to be condemned. Additionally, the longer the water damage is left untreated, the more difficult it becomes to restore the affected areas to their original condition.
If you are trying to learn how to pull moisture out of cement then we have an excellent guide on doing so.
How Can ADI Leak Detection Help With Your Water Damage?
Here at ADI Leak Detection our specialist leak detection engineers are able to locate water leaks on pipework including central heating systems, water mains and much more. Our leak detection experts are also able to trace leaks on swimming pools and roofs!
We work closely with an insurance claims company who are able to assist with your water damage insurance claim – ensuring you get the best possible outcome from any claim you make.
Call us today on 0800 731 3843 for help with water damage.
Our Other Specialist Services
- Bathroom Leaks; Bathtubs, sinks, toilets and shower leaks all make finding bathroom leaks a job for professional leak detectors.
- Ceiling Leaking?; Water leaks through your ceiling could be caused by a structural or plumbing issue.
- Central heating pipework leaks; Specialists at finding leaks in heating pipework
- Underfloor heating pipe leak? We find these using tracer gases, acoustics and thermal cameras to pinpoint the leak locations.
- Industrial Leak Detection; Our focus is to find your leak quickly and efficiently, allowing your company operations to continue unaffected.
- Structural Leak Detection – We test all likely sources which include windows, doors, visible cracks, roofs that leak, chimneys and balconies.