Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham
Midlands Arts Centre is located in Canon Hill Park, Edgbaston, Birmingham. It is a non-profit arts centre. It was designed in 1962. It was established in 1962 as an educational centre which hosts: plays, concerts and films shows and holds art exhibitions, music classes and workshops for all ages. Additionally it has four performance auditoria, rehearsal and media studios, and a cinema and art gallery. Surprisingly, it is the 14th free attraction in England that is visited many times.
History of Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham
In the late 1950s, theatre writer and director John English, his wife, Mollie Randle and local politician Frank Price came up with an idea of establishing an arts centre in Cannon Hill Park. The artists who performed there at that time include: Yoko Ono, Kate Malone, Ewen Henderson, Ruby Turner and many others. The centre had been closed from 2008 to 2010 for some renovation to take place.
Activities carried out in Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham
In Midlands Arts Centre you will find all kind of fun and enjoy yourself to the fullest. It offers variety of entertainment to locals and visitors which include:
- Dance of the music
- An art gallery
- Presentation of concert, plays and classic films of the community
Currently the art center hosts: art exhibitions, offers classes and workshops in comedy, drama and music.
As a way of warm welcome, the arts centre offers parking services which are managed by Birmingham City Council. The car parks available include:
- Queen’s Ride car park
- The pershore Road car park
- The Russell Road car park
If you want a friendly-family venue just visit the Midlands Arts Center. You will find MAC and Bridges Bar café and Arena bar which offer food and drinks of high quality. Moreover, there is a gift shop which offers:
- Selection of cards
- Handmade arts and crafts made by local artisans
Services and Facilities in Midlands Arts Centre
At Midlands Arts Center, they ensure people visiting there are comfortable and the environment is friendly for them. This is accomplished by provision of high standards of services and facilities which include:
- There is access to wheel chairs for people with walking disabilities. They are commonly found in cinema and theatres where they are kept for sale.
- Throughout the building, you will find Emergency Call buttons for the request of any kind of assistance.
- There is availability of unisex toilets fitted with alarm chords. The lift and showers are found in those toilets.
- The arts center has put a lot of effort to introduce programme work that celebrates the art of disabled artists and lives of disabled people. This is achieved through: Audio Described events, British Sign Language Interpreted, Captioned and Subtitled events, and Relaxed Events and Screenings..
Without fear of doubt, the center offers all kind of fun one would wish to have. Spare some time and money to visit the place. You can also pay a visit in The Bear Grylls Adventure which borders the art Center.
ADI Leak Detection Birmingham
ADI leak detection is a major company famous for its effectiveness in leak detection Birmingham and its environs. Over the years, we have offered numerous clients high-quality leak detection services. We have the best team of leak detectors in the area who look into all issues you may have with your water system. All the work is offered at reasonable rates since every client needs a unique task. To ensure the job is perfect, we only employ certified plumbers to work in our company to provide leak detection service.
Leak detection can be harrowing and dangerous to you and your family. Luckily, our team comes with modern equipment and knowledge to solve issues with underground leak detection, water mains leak detection, central heating leak detection, and swimming pool leak detection. What may seem to be a minor issue can rapidly grow to become a huge problem that will be costly. Choose the best lee best leak detection company today.
ADI Leak Detection
44 Wellesbourne Crescent
Call: 0800 731 3843