Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham
It is covering an area of about 101 hectares of Woodland known as the ‘RSPB Centenary Plantation.’ Cannon Hill Park is less than two miles from the center of the largest town of Birmingham. This is believed to be one of the premier parks in a large city and the beautiful thing it has been awarded Green Flag Status. Other parks in the city include Sutton Park, which is located in Coldfield, West Midlands.
This Park is associated with beautiful flowerbeds, lakes, pools, and numerous trees, which are beautiful and wonderful scenic. The Cannon Park also contains Birmingham Wildlife, Conservation Park.
History of Cannon Hill Park
The Cannon Hill Park was officially opened to the public in September 1873. It was donated to the citizens of Birmingham by Miss Louisa Ryland, and her main intention was to enable the Park to be the source of healthy recreation to the people of Birmingham, which will, in turn, help them to protect and preserve the Park.
Mr. T J Gibson designed the Cannon hill park, and it was supposedly named because it was a resting point of the Royalist troops on their way to battle Naseby in 1945. The Park is currently closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, but it is expected to be opened soon. This is an ideal place to visit with your family and friends.
There are massive of activities which you could do and see in Cannon Hill Park. Below are just a few of them.
Things to see and to do in Cannon Hill Park
- Kids playgrounds. There are two significant gardens in the Park. The first playground is located to the rear of the Pershore Road car park. The other one is located near the lake near the Midlands arts center, not forgetting the children’s mini full-fair, which only operates at weekends. Your kid’s enjoyment is guaranteed 100%.
- Are you a tennis player? Cannon Hill Park, there are massive tennis courts, you can play tennis free of charge. Playing equipment can be borrowed, and by any chance, your new newbie in playing coaching session is also offered to your satisfaction.
- Fishing and boat sailing. Fishing for fun or just for leisure can be done in Cannon Hill Park; visitors can hire pedalo boats during the summer season.
- Golf, playing golf can be done at 36 holes mini golf course situated in the Park.
- Refreshment is available in this Park due to the availability of Garden Tea Rooms the Park also has plenty of areas for a picnic.
- The Cannon Hill also consist of Mac arts center, the center hosts various events such as theater dance, music, and Comedy performance and has a cinema. There are also massive events for children, mainly during school holidays.
- The Great Birmingham 10k and the Great Birmingham Run half marathon events also pass through the park.
This is the place you cannot visit, although other attraction sites in the town, for instance, try and also visit Highbury Hall.
Filtration System Leak Detection in Birmingham
Leakage in filtration systems is one of the problems that residents of Birmingham encounter especially those owning swimming pools. Many owners have complained about their filtration systems pulling in air which is a clear indication there is water leakage in the filtration system. ADI Leak Detection Birmingham has come to the rescue to deal with filtration system leakages.
ADI leak Detection Company has a specialized team that has the ability to identify a number of locations where the leakage might be occurring. This is a good reason as to why ADI is the best leak detection company because you are assured of a perfect, well done job. ADI leak detection company is not specialized in not only one but different other leak detection services including central heating leak detection, water mains leak detection, underground leak detection and also if you need swimming pool leak detection, don’t think twice just contact ADI.
ADI Leak Detection
44 Wellesbourne Crescent
Call: 0800 731 3843